Kernel modules

Jason Bacon bacon4000 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 13:39:56 UTC 2019

On 2019-08-26 08:13, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 2019-04-18 14:52, Jason Bacon wrote:
>>
>> My NFS over IB has been generally working well, but it's going down
>> under very heavy load.  It's getting consistently triggered by 256
>> I/O-intensive processes across about a dozen compute nodes.
>>
>> The server remains up and responsive, but ib0 is running out of
>> buffer space and going down.
>>

> Hi Jason,
>
> Mellanox found a bug in ipoib which can lead to similar sympthoms that
> you see. Can you try the attached patch?
>
> Thank you!
>
> --HPS
That's great to hear...

Unfortunately, I no longer have admin access to a large cluster with
Mellanox HCAs, as I just changed jobs.

I did my best to thoroughly test FreeBSD IB before I left my old
position.  This was the only outstanding issue with the FreeBSD file
server I was testing, so if this fix resolves it, I would say that
FreeBSD is production-ready for IB clusters.

--
Earth is a beta site.