Device hints to put mlx4 on IB mode

Justin Clift justin at postgresql.org
Sun Nov 13 14:22:36 UTC 2016

On 13 Nov 2016, at 13:42, Meny Yossefi <menyy at mellanox.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There's a tool called 'mlxconfig' which can change port's type, but I think it requires the driver to be loaded, so no real help here.
> You can try contacting our support team (support at mellanox.com) about the tool.
>
> Which kernel version are you using?
> In recent versions, we added a patch the forces port type to come up as ETH.
> In that case, changing it to IB will just be a one liner to maintain.

Another option may be to add a new sysctl.  Something to change "all the ports"
instead of changing them one-by-one.

Maybe named like:

   sys.device.mlx4_core0.mlx4_ports="ib"

If that would be acceptable for the main FreeBSD source, it wouldn't have to be
manually applied to every build.

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi