OT: Mellanox Ethernet mode support added to FreeNAS :)

Justin Clift justin at postgresql.org
Sun May 22 18:28:19 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Ethernet mode support for Mellanox adapters has been merged into the
FreeNAS 9.10 and 10 source trees now:

  * 9.10 - https://github.com/freenas/freenas-build/pull/5
  * 10 - https://github.com/freenas/freenas-build/pull/6

It'll be in their nightly builds from here on, and may get included
with the main releases if it seems stable enough. :)

If people have time to test it and report back, that would be great:

  http://download.freenas.org/9.10/MASTER/

For getting the native IB side of things included, I'm not sure when
I'll have time to investigate that.  I wasn't able to get Windows (ugh)
running in IPoIB mode with my ConnectX card, so couldn't do
interoperability testing to FreeBSD nor FreeNAS.  Thus the switch to
Ethernet mode testing.

I do have some single port ConnectX-2 cards now, but haven't plugged
them in yet, and probably won't over the next 2-3 weeks. :/

Maybe after that though. :)

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi