OFED v3.2 update

KrishnamRaju ErapaRaju Krishna2 at chelsio.com
Thu May 12 15:46:16 UTC 2016

Hi Hans,

Looks like rping got changed in the OFED3.2 update patches, I mean, few verbs like ibv_poll_cq(), got replace with experimental verbs like ibv_exp_poll_cq() in rping.c.

But the current Chelsio IWARP drivers are not using these new experimental verbs.

So, running rping for Chelsio devices is hitting the below poll error:

[root at taj ~]#  rping -s -a 102.7.7.180 -Vvd
libibverbs: Warning: couldn't open config directory '/etc/ibverbs/'.
created cm_id 0x801c2d000
rdma_bind_addr successful
rdma_listen
cma_event type RDMA_CM_EVENT_CONNECT_REQUEST cma_id 0x801e0f000 (child)
child cma 0x801e0f000
created pd 0x801c2c020
created channel 0x801c2c030
created cq 0x801d08000
created qp 0x801c5e140
rping_setup_buffers called on cb 0x801c1c000
allocated & registered buffers...
accepting client connection request
cq_thread started.
cma_event type RDMA_CM_EVENT_ESTABLISHED cma_id 0x801e0f000 (child)
ESTABLISHED
poll error -78                                            <======ERROR HERE
wait for RDMA_READ_ADV state 11
rping_free_buffers called on cb 0x801c1c000
destroy cm_id 0x801c2d000

Will you be changing rping later such that it will work with IWARP drivers(which does not use experimental verbs)?

Thanks,
Krishna.