OFED v3.2 update

Navdeep Parhar np at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 31 19:43:55 UTC 2016

On 03/31/2016 02:51, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Dear users of infiniband in FreeBSD:
>

> Mellanox is working on a big infiniband update towards mellanox OFED
> v3.2 of the infiniband stack (ibcore), drivers (mlx4/mlx5) and libraries
> (librdma, libibverbs ...). Currently there are 10-patches in different
> areas of the FreeBSD kernel and userspace which you need to apply to
> 11-current as of today to get a working GENERIC kernel.

Hello Hans,

Can you provide the OFA/linux-rdma/k.org version that matches the verb
APIs/KPIs in this import?  Mellanox OFED doesn't come with iWARP or
non-Mellanox drivers so we need another way to track those in FreeBSD.
It would be nice to be able to say that the verbs in FreeBSD <foo> are
API compatible with version <bar> of some upstream source that supports
all transports and all drivers.  I'm not sure if it's OFA's OFED or
linux-rdma/k.org that's considered authoritative these days.

> Known issues:
> - LINT build is broken (Will be fixed before committing. Waiting for
> solution from Navdeep)

This one involves taking toe_l2t_resolve out of toecore.ko and into
GENERIC, because ibcore now wants to use it too (and it doesn't make
sense to have ibcore depend on toecore).  I'll probably rename it to
l2t_resolve as part of the move.

Regards,
Navdeep