OFED v3.2 update

Jason Bacon bacon at uwm.edu
Wed Apr 27 17:14:11 UTC 2016

This is encouraging...

On our CentOS 6.7 cluster, what we're seeing is comparable to the Ubuntu
performance you reported earlier.  ( Best of 3 runs between two idle
compute nodes on the same leaf switch shown below. )

It appears that we may be able to improve NFS performance using a
FreeBSD/FreeNAS file server in the near future.

Regards,

     Jason

Linux compute-083. bacon ~ 335: iperf -c compute-082-ib0
Client connecting to compute-082-ib0, TCP port 5001
TCP window size:  645 KByte (default)
[  3] local 10.2.11.109 port 47470 connected with 10.2.11.108 port 5001
[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[  3]  0.0-10.0 sec  22.3 GBytes  19.2 Gbits/sec

On 04/01/16 13:08, Chris Reeves wrote:
> Thank you Hans,
>
> Using these patches, I was able to get my IPOIB performance up to 25 Gb/s (vs 10 Gb/s on 11-current  without the patches).
>
> Out of curiosity, do you have any plans to MFC these to stable-10?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

   Jason W. Bacon
   Systems Manager