Initial ISO's ready for testing FreeNAS 9.10 with Mellanox cards

Justin Clift justin at postgresql.org
Mon Apr 25 14:03:52 UTC 2016

This is semi-off-topic, but hoping it's closely enough related that I'll
be forgiven. :)

If anyone has time/interest to try out FreeNAS 9.10 (based on FreeBSD
10.3) - with Mellanox Infiniband card drivers baked in, there are two
ISO's here for testing:

  https://github.com/justinclift/freenas-infiniband​

One ISO is for native Infiniband mode (forcing IPoIB mode for the cards):

  https://github.com/justinclift/freenas-infiniband/releases/tag/FreeNAS-IB-9.10-alpha1

The other ISO is for native Ethernet mode:

  https://github.com/justinclift/freenas-infiniband/releases/tag/FreeNAS-IB-EN-9.10-alpha1v10

InfiniHost through to ConnectX-3 cards should all work for the IB mode
one.  ConnectX through ConnectX-3 should work for the Ethernet mode one.

And yeah, it would be better to have just one ISO.  There is a weird
kernel panic bug I'm trying to track down first (triggered when switched
modes), that needs fixing before that can happen.

All feedback is hugely encouraged and welcome. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi