Kernel panic (page fault) on 10.3-STABLE with IB & VIMAGE modules

Justin Clift justin at postgresql.org
Thu Apr 21 14:19:21 UTC 2016

On 21 Apr 2016, at 15:16, Justin Clift <justin at postgresql.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Have been hitting a kernel panic (page fault) with the IB modules loaded
> on 10.3-STABLE.  (compiled multiple times over the last few days, all panicing)
>
> Spent several hours narrowing down the cause, and it's definitely a bad
> interaction between the IB modules (unsure which) + the "VIMAGE" module.

Forgot to mention, it's 100% reproducible, and very easily.  All that needs
to be done is have an interface (eg ib0) be in IPoIB mode with an IP assigned.
(eg 10.10.100.1)

When that interface is pinged from another host (eg "ping 10.10.100.1") the
kernel panic immediately happens.  Every time. ;)

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi