How to force IB cards to come up in IB mode?

Justin Clift justin at postgresql.org
Sat Apr 16 22:33:54 UTC 2016

On 16 Apr 2016, at 15:55, Meny Yossefi <menyy at mellanox.com> wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> It seems as the pre-boot configuration didn't work.
>
> loader.conf doesn't work on all sysctl params AFAIK.

The solution in this case turned out to be super simple... I was
just using the wrong file. :D

It should have been /etc/sysctl.conf for the settings.  Adding this
in there worked for the initial port mode setup:

  # Ensure the IB card is in IB mode
  sys.device.mlx4_core0.mlx4_port1="ib"
  sys.device.mlx4_core0.mlx4_port2="ib"

Apologies for the noise. ;)