FreeBSD 11 Infiniband performance / usable?

Karl Pielorz kpielorz_lst at tdx.co.uk
Sun Jan 11 11:57:57 UTC 2015

--On 11 January 2015 00:17:48 +0100 Hans Petter Selasky <hps at selasky.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> IPoIB needs to be optimized to shuffle more packets per request to and
> from the kernel basically. Currently that is not done. Are you planning
> to use IPoIB for real workloads?

Under FBSD 10 I was using it to run iSCSI using IPoIB between two boxes
(with ZFS mounted atop of that). This worked, and performance was 'good' -
but the boxes would eventually 'lose site' of each other [I think at least
one other person had the issue - worse (i.e. more often) than I did]

Knowing there's been a lot of changes to IB in 11 I thought I'd give that a
go...

I can go back to FBSD 10 - I'd need to solve the intermittent "loses site"
issue then (with the code the 10 is running).

I guess overall - moving back to 10 is looking like the better option...

-Karl