Question On Supported Mellanox Adapters

Lewis, Fred flewis at panasas.com
Fri Jan 9 02:45:50 UTC 2015

Hello,

FreeBSD IB folks.

I am working off of a FreeBSD 10.1 RC4 code base and I'm investigating
InfiniBand running on FreeBSD as part of a prototyping effort.

The prototype hardware is an Intel FDR InfiniBand* ConnectX-3* I/O Module AXX2FDRIBIOM
(Dual Port). According to the documentation , the Module is based on the
Mellanox MT27508A1-FCCR-FV Chip.

>From the Mellanox documentation the PCI Device IDs for the adapter are:
0x1003  MT27500 Family [ConnectX-3]
0x1004  MT27500 Family [ConnectX-3 Virtual Function]

>From looking at the FreeBSD driver source code it appears that the MT27500
family is not supported:

<snip>
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_MELLANOX_TAVOR            0x5a44
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_MELLANOX_ARBEL_COMPAT     0x6278
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_MELLANOX_ARBEL            0x6282
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_MELLANOX_SINAI_OLD        0x5e8c
#define PCI_DEVICE_ID_MELLANOX_SINAI            0x6274
<snip>

<snip>
/* Types of supported HCA */
enum {
        TAVOR,                  /* MT23108                        */
        ARBEL_COMPAT,           /* MT25208 in Tavor compat mode   */
        ARBEL_NATIVE,           /* MT25208 with extended features */
        SINAI                   /* MT25204 */
};
<snip>

Does anyone know if support is planned for the MT27500 (ConnectX-3)
Family of adapters.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,
-Fred Lewis