Enable OFED/Infiniband support in 11.0-RELEASE by default?

Garrett Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 06:39:48 UTC 2015

On Aug 7, 2015, at 11:45, Jason Bacon <jwbacon at tds.net> wrote:

> I've admittedly been out of action on this for a while, but last time I checked, the IB network stack could be loaded as a kernel module, but a build world was still required to add IB support to userland tools.  If this is no longer the case, please excuse my spam.

*part* of it can be loaded as a kld. There are other pieces I had that hadn’t been committed to head, which were required to make it into a loadable module.
…

> I *will* get back to testing this soon, as I'm in the midst of building a new 2,000-core HPC cluster and I have servers available to experiment with.  I'm eager to see what kind of performance we can get from a FreeBSD file server with ZFS and FDR IB.

There were some interesting “issues” that were discovered when upgrading the IB stack. Most of them have been fixed, but some may be outstanding; you might not run into them if you’re unless you’re doing interop testing with other [Linux] IB machines.

Cheers,
-NGie