Mellanox MT25418 performance IPOIB?

Jason Bacon jwbacon at tds.net
Sun Mar 23 13:54:59 UTC 2014

Coincidentally, I had just run similar tests on our cluster using a
FreeBSD file server and CentOS compute nodes.

I reported the results in to this list.  If you didn't see the thread
already, you should be able to find it in the archives at:

Basically, iperf reported excellent incoming speed from the CentOS
nodes, but outgoing speed was terrible.

In response, I was informed by a Mellanox engineer that the ipoib layer
is currently being overhauled and we should see improvement later this year.

Regards,

     JB