InfiniBand cards and switches FreeBSD can handle

Daichi GOTO daichi at ongs.co.jp
Wed Aug 20 03:29:56 UTC 2014

Thank you Oded,

We are planning to build-up an InfiniBand-connected cluster as
HPC platform using 6 PCs (1 master and 5 slaves, each has at least
a PCIe x16 slot).

         ------
        |MASTER|
         ------

   -----------------
  |      switch     |
   -----------------
   |   |   |   |   |
   -   -   -   -   -
  |S| |S| |S| |S| |S|
   -   -   -   -   -

We already have two clusters, one is using InfiniBand / Linux /
OpenMPI, another is 10GbE / FreeBSD / TCP (connection architecture is
the same as above).  Of course, the Linux/InfiniBand cluster is
faster than the 10GbE/FreeBSD version.  We want to build-up
FreeBSD InfiniBand version cluster as fast as Linux version.

So we need fastest InfiniBand cards and switches that FreeBSD can handle.
What cards and switches do you recommend?

2014/08/19 20:55、Yoni Luzon <yoni at mellanox.com> :

> + Chris: Japan Sales Manager.
>

> Regards,
> Yoni