Supported NICs

Oded Shanoon odeds at mellanox.com
Mon Oct 7 06:51:33 UTC 2013

Hi Jason,

IB support in 9.2 is supposed to be stable enough.
Please note that Mellanox started supporting FreeBSD only recently. The driver in 9.2 was ported by someone from Isilon (Jeff Roberson) from OFA-1.5.3.
Since we started our involvement we entered some fixes to that driver (that were submitted into 9.2).
We also mapped various issues which needs to be fixed in the future.
We are now working on a major "face lift" to the driver - making it much more stable and with improved performance and features.

Regards,

Oded Shanoon
OFED-FreeBSD Team Leader
Mellanox Technologies, Raanana