Resend Smaller : FreeBSD 9.1 and EFI BM

Dave Deak ddeak at verizon.net
Mon Jul 29 17:39:28 UTC 2013

I have a dual boot rx2600 setup on my home network. I have been trying to
boot FreeBSD 9.1 from the EFI Boot Manager. The Boot Manager doesn't see the
FreeBSD da0p1 partition as readable. The HP-UX partition does MAP out. I
have attached the Gpart output. The first EFI is FreeBSD and the second is
HP-UX. They are both msdosfs and the FreeBSD can be mounted after booting
and is readable just as the HP-UX efi partition. Is there a work around for
this? It is difficult to promulgate BSD ia64 if it will only boot from a
DVD.

David J Deak

ddeak at verizon.net

215 699 1925

P.S. The FreeBSD is structured the same as the HP-UX EFI