MCA on loading kernel

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at me.com
Thu Jul 15 18:46:24 UTC 2010

On Jul 15, 2010, at 12:36 AM, Marc Lörner wrote:

> Hello List,
> I checked out the sources from the repository and built a kernel
> from GENERIC configuration where SMP was disabled.
> The loader was also built from this source-tree.
>
> After bringing both files to the EFI-partition of the ALTIX,
> starting the loader and loading the kernel from specified path
> I get the following output on my console:
> OK help
>
> |/-\Verbose help not available, use '?' to list commands
>
> OK cd4▒@4▒@ 4▒@4▒@ load /bsd/boot/kernel/kernel
>
> /bsd/boot/kernel/kernel data=0xf6c720+0x1e1940 POD entered via MCA, using Cac mode
> 3 000: POD SysCt Cac> POD entered via MCA, using Cac mode
> 1 000: POD SysCt Cac> POD entered via MCA, using Cac mode
> 2 000: POD SysCt Cac> POD entered via MCA, using Cac mode
> 0 000: POD SysCt Cac> 4▒@4▒@
>
> Does anyone know what went wrong? Do I have to change some config in the
> source-tree like kernel-startaddress in ldconfig.ia64?
>
> @Marcel: While we're at it, what and where do I get your ALTIX-configuration file you wrote about earlier?

I have it here:
    http://ns1.xcllnt.net/~marcel/machines/ia64/altix/ALTIX

Don't mind the modules -- they don't work :-)

There's another piece of information that I forgot to relay:
The serial console is implemented by SAL on Altix hardware,
so you need the following environment variable to tell the
kernel (and the uart(4) driver in particular) to use the SAL
hardware:
	hw.uart.console=dt:sgisn

I copied the loader that I'm using here:
    http://ns1.xcllnt.net/~marcel/machines/ia64/altix/loader.efi

As for the kernel: make sure it's linked at 0xe000003400000000.

FYI,

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt at mac.com