ia64/113102: [MCA] Multiple records can have the same sequence number

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 28 20:20:04 UTC 2007

>Number:         113102
>Category:       ia64
>Synopsis:       [MCA] Multiple records can have the same sequence number
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Certain classes of errors can result in multiple MCA records with the same sequence number.
It is currently assumed that each record has it's own (unique) sequence number.
The sequence number is used to create nodes in the sysctl tree under hw.mca and when multiple
records have the same sequence number, we can't save the record.
We get the following error: can't re-use a leaf (57)!
It seems that the class of errors for which this happens are those errors for which we need to
get CPU-specific errors from each CPU. As the error seems to happen when we get the MCA
record from the AP after we got the error from the BSP.