Installing FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE IA64 on IBM X455

Marcel Moolenaar xcllnt at mac.com
Tue May 8 19:54:12 UTC 2007

On May 8, 2007, at 11:03 AM, Dominique SA wrote:

> I researched on the internet, and saw that not a lot of people are
> using IBM
> xServers with FreeBSD. Is FreeBSD not compatible with such servers?

I have heard of noone running FreeBSD/ia64 on an IBM Itanium machine.
In that respect, I doubt FreeBSD runs on IBM servers.

I would appreciate if you can dump as much information about the machine
as possible. There are various commands you can run from EFI shell and
the FreeBSD loader that list critical information.

Please send that information to the list or me personally so that I can
assess to what extend the machine is supported.

And yes, you can only use a serial console.

--
Marcel Moolenaar
xcllnt at mac.com