Kernel boot from EFI partition. How to point real root partition?

Alexander Zatserkovniy avz at dvo.ru
Mon Apr 10 09:27:02 UTC 2006

Hi!

HP-RX2600 (2xItanium2)

EFI loader, kernel has copied from Live CD on EFI partition. Loaders
"lsdev" show only EFI partition. So in currdev, rootdev I can point only
it.

Kernel loading and I get prompt to point root partition by hand. Put
ufs:ad0s2b at the prompt and system loaded.

Is a way to point ad0s2b as parameter for the kernel?

I think, I can to assemble kernel in the root partition, statically
point root partition , put the kernel in EFI, and boot kernel with -r.

I'm FreeBSD nivice, so may I miss simpler way?

Thanks!
Alexander