Couldn't login via SSH

Muthu_T at Dell.com Muthu_T at Dell.com
Thu May 13 02:28:14 PDT 2004

Hi,

   After the install, when I first login using root, it doesn't wait for
password prompt.
It straightaway goes in by displaying the /etc/motd and then displays
the shell prompt.

But I remember that I had given the password for root, while installing
FreeBSD.

Then remount the root partition as read-write mode and started the sshd
server successfully.

But I cannot login either from another another machine in the network or
using 'ssh localhost'
Command on the same m/c.
It throws the "Permission denied (publickey, keyboard-interactive)"
error.

Why Password is not accepted while logging in?
What is the issue with the SSH daemon?

Thanks.

--T. Muthu Mohan