20040502 snapshot + Dell PE3250

Muthu_T at Dell.com Muthu_T at Dell.com
Tue May 11 00:01:01 PDT 2004

Hi,

  In the AutoPartition method if I do any modification,
(like delete the /, and recreate it by pressing 'C' key
(or) delete the /usr and create /efi & /usr)
Once I press the 'Q' button, there is an error message
saying that 'Cannot write to disk da0'.

What is the problem? (this stop installing FreeBSD and taking me back to
initial Install Menu)

But If I do autopartition and press 'Q' button, it works fine.
But it doesn't create EFI partition If one is not there. Also
it doesn't make entries in the EFI Boot menu. How can I add boot
entry to EFI menu? With minimal install I can able to install
FreeBSD using AutoPartition but EFI is not there. So I couldn't
boot FreeBSD.

There is no facility to change the partition types in DiskLabel editor
(like toggling the SoftUpdates).  I have to delete the partition and I
have to recreate it with desired type. So better we can replace it with
FDISK
For FreeBSD/IA64.

If Marcel can create another snapshot( I guess new fixes got into tree)
, I can install and contribute further.

Anybody is making a document (kind of HOWTO) on Installing/Booting
FreeBSD on IA64?

Thanks.

--T. Muthu Mohan