20040502 snapshot + Dell PE3250

Miod Vallat miod at online.fr
Wed May 5 01:38:55 PDT 2004

>    I tried to install the snapshot in PE3250.
> Now I can give the input via serial console. Even I can see the FreeBSD
> color console in HyperAccess(SuperSet of HyperTerminal)
>
> But I met with some errors. I couldn't install FreeBSD using Auto &
> Manual partition.

It looks like only the / partition will get mounted - I experienced a
similar problem.

By deleting all partitions, then recreating a larger / partition (say, a
few GB), and asking for automatic partitioning to build the rest, I have
been able to install. I had to shuffle data over the other partitions,
which had not been mounted, later on, of course...

Miod