i386/190092: Bind10 does not select correct python version

James McGuire james.a.mcguire01 at virgin.net
Wed May 21 22:10:01 UTC 2014

>Number:         190092
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Bind10 does not select correct python version
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
uname -a
FreeBSD diesel.steppingstones 10.0-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p3 #0: Tue May 13 18:26:10 UTC 2014     root at amd64-builder.daemonology.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

When installing Bind10 from the ports, it complains that Bind10 requires Python 3.3 whereas my system is set to default to Python 2.7, the specific message is:

"You have python 2.7 set as the default, and this needs 3.3."

I manaully removed all of the python 2.7 packages, and ran the installation of the dns/bind10 port again. The installation then reinstall all of the Python 2.7 pacakages, and threw the above error again.

My /etc/make.conf makes no reference to python:

[jim at diesel ~]$ cat /etc/make.conf
WITHOUT_X11=YES

PACKAGESITE=ftp.uk.freebsd.org
LOADER_TFTP_SUPPORT=YES
#CPUTYPE?=c3-2
CFLAGS= -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe

#CPUTYPE?=athlon64
#MACHINE_CPU=k8 3dnow sse2

# added by use.perl 2012-04-06 13:19:31
PERL_VERSION=5.12.4

WITH_PKGNG=yes

Solution was to set the following make argument during installation: DEFAULT_VERSIONS=python=3.4

Per https://forums.freebsd.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46270

This port would appear to be misconfigured.
>How-To-Repeat:
cd /usr/ports/dns/bind10 && make install
>Fix:
cd /usr/ports/dns/bind10 && make install DEFAULT_VERSIONS=python=3.4