i386/184804: nfs server only starts 1 server daemon

remko at FreeBSD.org remko at FreeBSD.org
Sun Dec 22 22:19:36 UTC 2013

Synopsis: nfs server only starts 1 server daemon

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: remko
State-Changed-When: Sun Dec 22 22:17:17 UTC 2013
State-Changed-Why:
Dear Richard,

This is actually what happends. Three of your settings controle the NFS service itself, where you have
a server and client process in the list you provided. rpcbind though starts the rpc service, which you
will see back with 'rpc' instead of 'nfs'.  I do not see anything weird in your output or the information
you demonstrated.

If you still have issues, please let me know and I will try to help you, do realise though that this is
not a PR yet, I mean you have a problem but it's not a generic problem within FreeBSD (yet), let us
figure that out first. I will close the ticket so that we can keep contact beyond the PR system.

Thank you for using FreeBSD!