i386/151758: tmux kernel panic, with out root privilegies

Remko Lodder remko at elvandar.org
Tue Oct 26 17:10:10 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR i386/151758; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Remko Lodder <remko at elvandar.org>
To: Andrey Shidakov <andrey at shidakov.ru>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: i386/151758: tmux kernel panic, with out root privilegies
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:00:17 +0200

 On Oct 26, 2010, at 5:26 PM, Andrey Shidakov wrote:

 >=20
 >> Number:         151758
 >> Category:       i386
 >> Synopsis:       tmux kernel panic, with out root privilegies
 >> Confidential:   no
 >> Severity:       serious
 > tmux, installed from ports, causes kernel panic. Even runned from =
 user, not root.
 >=20
 >> How-To-Repeat:
 > 1. Install from ports tmux (latest version 1.3).=20
 > 2. Run:=20
 > $ tmux list-commands=20
 > (konsole hangs)
 > 3. Run in another console=20
 > $ killall -9 tmux
 >=20
 > 4. System halted with kernel panic.
 >=20
 >=20

 Most likely this is a ports problem, but still, try to get a dump that =
 we can investigate. IF that informs us about issues with the system, we =
 might have a look at that
 (given that that might be because of a system problem instead of a tmux =
 problem).

 Thanks,
 Remko

 --=20
 /"\   Best regards,                        | remko at FreeBSD.org
 \ /   Remko Lodder                      | remko at EFnet
 X    http://www.evilcoder.org/    | Quis custodiet ipsos custodes
 / \   ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | Against HTML Mail and News