i386/147842: Installation Failure on Panasonic CF-Y5

Toshihito Shibasaki toshihito_shibasaki at private.so-net.jp
Mon Jun 14 01:40:02 UTC 2010

>Number:         147842
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Installation Failure on Panasonic CF-Y5
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
When installing FreeBSD 8.0-Release with DVD made of ISO file downloaded from "ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/8.0/",
installation cannot complete due to no recognition of DVD-drive (when I select DVD/CD as install-media, the answer of "no DVD/CD drive was found" is given, though installation till that stage was done with DVD media.
I have tried installation with this media on several machines. All machines except this machine do not have any problem. Difference of this machine from others is its DVD-drive is connected by internal USB port while others are connected by SATA or IDE.
>How-To-Repeat:
When I repeat installation procedure on this machine, I can always face this problem.