i386/134986: [build] make installworld fails (FreeBSD-7.2, tr not found)

Peter Much pmc at citylink.dinoex.sub.org
Sat Jul 18 18:50:03 UTC 2009

The following reply was made to PR i386/134986; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Peter Much <pmc at citylink.dinoex.sub.org>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, fernan.aguero at gmail.com
Subject: Re: i386/134986: [build] make installworld fails (FreeBSD-7.2, tr not found)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 19:44:57 +0200

 I could reproduce this problem.

 The cause seems to be unusual file modification timestamps somewhere
 in /usr/src or /usr/obj.

 Im my case I did
 1. cvsup my local copy of the CVS repository
 2. cvs update /usr/src from local repository
 3. make buildworld
 4. copy /usr/obj to another place
 5. cvs update /usr/src at that other place from local repository.
 6. make installworld -> fails.

 The solution seems simple:
  - Rerun buildworld so that no timestamps in /usr/src are younger
    than these in /usr/obj

 In the case of the original poster I would suppose the clock on the nfs
 server being wrong.