i386/125592: [hang] FreeBSD 7 server in hang

Support support at cretaforce.gr
Tue Sep 16 16:20:08 UTC 2008

The following reply was made to PR i386/125592; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Support <support at cretaforce.gr>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, gpbuono at gmail.com
Subject: Re: i386/125592: [hang] FreeBSD 7 server in hang
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 19:02:31 +0300

 Some more details:

 The 4 servers (yes I had the same problem on 4 different servers, all
 AMD) hang lots of times before I could close all services but bind (so I
 could csup) and then the hangs disappeared (or at least from what I can
 tell in the 2 hours it took me to downgrade the kernel to 7.0-RELEASE
 patch 4) for each server.

 The same servers had an uptime of 3 months before they start hanging.