i386/100460: Maybe the 6.0 Release is not much more than the 5.3 Release on file system.

Angus Wang weiming96 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 18 02:50:15 UTC 2006

>Number:         100460
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Maybe the 6.0 Release is not much more than the 5.3 Release on file system.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I used the iozone3_257,bonnie++-1.03a and iobench to test the 6.0 Realease and 5.3 Release.The test contents local, sync, async, soft updates and sync+soft updates to load the filesystem, then i found the results is amazed me.when i used the iozone to test the performence of read, reread, write and rewrite. it shows the read curve is no difference between the two system. but in the write curve the 6.0's sometimes is bad than 5.3's. The other two soft tested shows the same resuls.
Maybe there is something wrong during my testing, please explains for me.
Thanks!
>How-To-Repeat:
./iozone -A -n 4m -g 2G -R -b XXXX.xls
./tiobench.pl > XXXX.txt