patch for in tree iconv

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Thu Feb 28 07:38:33 UTC 2013

Em 27-02-2013 22:38, Xin LI escreveu:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 1:32 PM, John-Mark Gurney <jmg at funkthat.com
> <mailto:jmg at funkthat.com>> wrote:
>
>     I've worked at fixing a few of iconv's locking issues, and I've
>     attached
>     this patch.  This should fix most/all of the locking related issues
>     relating to the global lock...

Thank you, I have had this on my TODO list for a long time just haven't
got time for it!

>     Though I ran the tests in tools/test/iconv, and it looks like the
>     checked in reference conversion in ref are wrong...  The
>     UTF-32 -> ASCII map (ref/ASCII-rev) has:
>     0x00A3 = 0x626C
>     0x00A5 = 0x6E6579
>
>     I'm pretty sure 0x626C and 0x6E6579 are not valid ASCII
>     characters.. :)
>
>     w/ my updates, they are properly(?) mapped to 0x3F...  I'm not sure
>     what they were w/o my changes...

Seems like a good solution. However, the ref tables were generated with
GNU libiconv (since the goal is a good compatibility) so we should also
track down why does it emit this.

>     I already committed a fixed for an issue w/ svn keywords in
>     tablegen/cmp.sh...  Hence, why I'm able to run the tests..

Thanks for doing this!

Please also keep me CC'd, I'm not on the list but I'm interested in
iconv-related things.

Gabor