Future of DNS, DNSSEC, country code delegations, etc.

Ollivier Robert roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
Sun Jun 8 14:20:25 UTC 2014

According to Peter Wemm:
> As things stand today, more than half of the original *.cc.freebsd.org
> subzones have been lost.  An uncomfortable number of the remaining records
> are tragically stale.
>
> There's also the DNSSEC and ipv6 reachability question.  Many of our
> cc.freebsd.org zones are ipv4-only and only one has DNSSEC signatures.

\o/ for fr :)

> Thoughts?  How can we make this work without provoking (too many) ruffled
> feathers?

Although I'm the one responsible for fr.freebsd.org (for a loong time now, I have "hg log" dating back to 2007, 1998 seems to be the earliest comment in there), and it is one of the cleanest zones (DNSSEC, IPv6), it does make sense to fold it back into the main zone.

So no, I don't mind, it has been fun over the years :)

Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto at keltia.freenix.fr
In memoriam to Ondine : http://ondine.keltia.net/