cvsupd SIGBUS on 9.0/amd64

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 18 17:17:34 UTC 2012

Garrett Wollman <wollman at csail.mit.edu> wrote
  in <20447.20462.118955.47448 at khavrinen.csail.mit.edu>:

wo> The new cvsup3.freebsd.org is a 64-bit 9.0 machine.  I've noticed in
wo> the nightly mail that cvsupd is getting SIGBUS quite a lot (it never
wo> did under 8.2 on the old 32-bit machine).  Has anyone seen this
wo> before, and is there a solution?

 It is a known issue (see also bin/162588).  Disabling compression by
 using -Z option may be useful to avoid the SIGBUS.  FYI, I extracted
 a cvsupd binary from a cvsupd package compiled for i386 systems and
 using it on my amd64 machine.  It is working well even if the
 compression is enabled.

-- Hiroki