cvsup-master reboots

Simon L. B. Nielsen simon at nitro.dk
Tue Oct 12 20:33:30 UTC 2010

Hey

Executive summary:

FTI, cvsup-master will have some extra reboots over the comming weeks.

Longer version:

In the process of upgrading cvsup-master.FreeBSD.org to a more recent FreeBSD version we found a but in the latest FreeBSD 7 which meant the NIC's didn't show up. FreeBSD 6 and 8 worked fine.

This of course needs to be fixed (not as much for cvsup-master but as for other users), so we will likely need to reboot cvsup-master some times over the coming weeks to debug and try to fix the problem.

So, this is just a heads up, mainly for people watching their logs etc. which may hit connection refused etc.

--
Simon L. B. Nielsen
Hat: FreeBSD.org clusteradm