Disk failure in danish part of ftp.freebsd.org

Jan Chrillesen jan at chrillesen.dk
Fri Mar 24 12:41:42 UTC 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Jan Chrillesen <jan at chrillesen.dk> wrote:

> > However this leaves us with no other options than building the RAID from
> > scratch, doing a newfs and resync all data from ftp-master.
> >
> > I'll keep ftpd disabled until we're back in sync.
>
> After a series of SCSI problems (dead disks and a terminator) we're
> finally synced and back. I've just enabled ftpd again so feel free to
> put beastie back in DNS for ftp.freebsd.org

OK... I officially hate SCSI systems! Less than an hour after sending
the mail above another 2 disks failed within 5 minutes. I going to
change the current 9 slot noname disk enclosure to a new 14 slot HP
storageworks now.

So, please hold back the DNS change. And sorry for the extended
downtime.

- Jan