/pub/FreeBSD size?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Tue Aug 8 14:24:06 UTC 2006

Omer Faruk Sen wrote:
 > I am the administrator of ftp.tr.freebsd.org. This machine was down for a
 > long time but finally I have found required hardware for that. But we still
 > live disk space problems so can someone tell me the real size of
 > /pub/FreeBSD?

Please see the file /pub/FreeBSD/dir.sizes which should be
on every FreeBSD FTP mirror.  The total sum is in the last
line.  On ftp.freebsd.org, it says 348 GB:

   365136140    .

For example, on ftp7.de.freebsd.org it's a bit more:

   375943400    .

because we also keep a few older releases and alpha stuff
that has been removed from the master site.

Note that the space requirements change a lot sometimes,
especially when a new branch gets ready for release.

Best regards
   Oliver

"I learned Java 3 years before Python.  It was my language of
choice.  It took me two weekends with Python before I was more
productive with it than with Java." -- Anthony Roberts