cvs commit: doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/hubs article.sgml

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed May 19 06:37:07 PDT 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 03:09:28PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smrgrav wrote:

> Ken Smith <kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU> writes:
> > ...  The CVS repository is probably
> > the same - ports dwarfs the mainline system, and gnats/mailing-lists
> > dwarfs ports.  :-)
>
> You wish!
>
> des at mmsc /home/cvsup/freebsd% du -sk cvs/* gnats mail | sort -n
> 12      cvs/root
> 724     cvs/distrib
> 1440    cvs/CVSROOT
> 2374    cvs/CVSROOT-projects
> 4464    cvs/CVSROOT-doc
> 18166   cvs/CVSROOT-ports
> 23990   cvs/CVSROOT-src
> 55048   cvs/projects
> 90546   cvs/www
> 163772  cvs/doc
> 562628  gnats
> 733994  cvs/ports
> 1187038 mail
> 1248860 cvs/src

Sorry about that - yeah.  I usually manage to remember 'ports' for
most contexts doesn't include the bulk of the ports themselves (source
code, etc.) so despite the number of them involved they're relatively
speaking light-weight.  It's only when you build them and pack them
up in a .tgz/.tbz file and stick them into the ports/ section of the
FTP site they get "large"...  But sometimes I forget that...  Besides
cvsup mirrors are Jun's turf. :-)

I am surprised at the size of src, I guess that's what this much
history gets you.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu