cvsup mirror on torix?

Jake Burkholder jake at locore.ca
Sat Jul 17 06:18:18 PDT 2004

Apparently, On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 04:00:31PM +0300,
	Alex Popa said words to the effect of;

> On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 01:36:37AM -0400, Jake Burkholder wrote:
> > Hi, does anyone here run or know of a cvsup mirror I can use that's
> > accessible through the toronto internet exchange?  A friend has donated
> > some rack space for freebsd development machines and I'd like to avoid
> > using bandwidth he pays for if possible.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jake
>
> Since last time I checked Toronto was in Canada, you could try running
> traceroute cvsup.ca.freebsd.org, cvsup1.ca.freebsd.org, cvsup2... etc
> and see which ones match your criteria.
>
> Also, the internet exchange might have some sort of interface (Looking
> Glass maybe) which should allow you to check which server uses non-paid
> routes.  The servers are again cvsupX.ca.freebsd.org.
>
> I'm not sure if all of the cvsupX.freebsd.org servers are in the US (the
> FTP ones aren't).  Some might be in Canada, so you could try your luck
> with those.
>
> Hope this helps
> 	Alex

I tracerouted to every server I could find in canada or the us and none
of them route through torix from my upstream.  cvsup.ca.freebsd.org doesn't
respond and cvsup[1-18].freebsd.org all go through a gateway that's billed
at 95th percentile.

Thanks,
Jake