xmonad --recompile is broken with cabal change

Kevin Zheng kevinz5000 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 05:28:18 UTC 2019

Hi there,

Sometime between a while ago and now (probably around the time of some
cabal changes), `xmonad --recompile` stopped working:

xmonad.hs:1:1: error:
    Could not find module ‘XMonad’

This is because the XMonad files are being installed to
/usr/local/lib/cabal/ghc-8.6.5 instead of the usual
/usr/local/lib/ghc-8.6.5.

Now, xmonad does provide a register.sh, but this needs to be run on all
the dependencies in order to correctly register with ghc-pkg.

Is it reasonable to update the ports infrastructure to run ghc-pkg
registration on all installed cabal packages?

(Please CC me as I'm not on the list in your reply.)

Thanks,
Kevin

--
Kevin Zheng