Is here any work on USB Attached SCSI (UAS/UASP) support?

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 25 20:31:01 UTC 2016

On 25.11.2016 17:57, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> For Super Speed (USB 3.0) UASP uses streams mode instead of regular bulk
> transfers from what I can see, which is not supported by all XHCI
> controllers.
  Intel's ones? ASMedia's ones? Anyway, UASP is new protocol, but it is
SCSI at its core, so sit should be new transport layer for CAM?

> In USB 2.0 mode it will work using BULK only. Not sure if the vendors
> provide BULK only configurations for USB 3.0.
 Attach 5 disks via one USB2 links is not good idea anyway.

--
// Lev Serebryakov