Server with 3TB Crashing at boot

Michael Fuckner michael at fuckner.net
Thu Mar 12 09:30:36 UTC 2015

On 03/11/2015 06:34 PM, Neel Natu wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 6:45 AM, Michael Fuckner <michael at fuckner.net> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a server with 4 Xeon E7-8857 v2 and 96x32TB, organized as 8 Memory
>> Risers with 12DIMMs each. With 2 Risers I can boot the System with
>> FreeBSD10.1-p6, when adding a third riser (above 1TB RAM) the system crashes
>> on boot.
>>

> Can you try to boot the system with SMP disabled and more than 2
> risers populated?
>

> LOADER> set kern.smp.disabled=1
with 3 risers it boots, with 8 it crashes, but I couldn't read the error
message fast enough). And with 3 Modules USB was not working anymore-
probably the USB Controller is attached to  another CPU?

http://dedi3.fuckner.net/~molli123/temp/dmesg.smp.disabled.txt
http://dedi3.fuckner.net/~molli123/temp/dmesg-s4l_opensuse13.2.txt