Strange performance problems with I/O subsystem

Гуляев Гоша gosha-necr at yandex.ru
Fri Mar 8 07:07:07 UTC 2013

   05.03.2013, 23:14, "Ivan Voras" <ivoras at freebsd.org>:

     On 27/02/2013 05:39, Гуляев Гоша wrote:

     And when I have some intensive I/O tasks (csup -g /root/mysupfile,
     or
     portsnap fetch update, or rm -rf /usr/obj, when system working
     sequentialy with many files in general) my system begins
     periodically
     freezes. If I see gstat it shows me 100% I\O on disk.

     It usually means some kind of incompatibility of your disk drive and
     the
     system, its controller or its driver.
     Sometimes it could me that the disk is broken.

   Ivan, thank for answer! I think there is no any hardware problem,
   because as I say before, in other OS'es all works fine, without
   performance problems. How I can diagnose problem deeply, and maybe give
   some useful information for resolving that issue?