Reset Problem with SATA Port Multiplier

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 00:07:05 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Dieter BSD <dieterbsd at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I've heard, that only SiI3132 (2 port controller) works really well with
> > port multipliers
> > But we should wait answer from Alexander Motin (mav@) to be sure :)
>
> I've heard the theory that you are better off matching a Silicon Image
> port multiplier with a Silicon Image controller (e.g. 3132 or 3124),
> but with no data to back it up.  For me, the Sil3726 pm seems to work as
> well with JMB363 (achi(4)) controller as with Sil3132 (siis(4)).

I can confirm I  have this SAME exact problem on -HEAD ... both of my
mirrored ZFS disks disappear seemingly at random during a build world....
there is a dmesg for the motherboard in question, in a different post... I
also have pciconf output... I hope there is a patch for this problem...
--

Sam Fourman Jr.