FreeBSD hardware support database?

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Wed Jul 17 22:22:23 UTC 2013

"Julian H. Stacey" wrote:
> =?utf-8?Q?Hans_Petter_Selasky?= wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Does anyone know what happened to http://freebsd.0fees.net
> >
> > Is this perhaps related to the recent dyndns's nuke everyone that doesn't pay operation or whoever is behind that?
>
> whois 0fees.net
>
> Cyprus.  Maybe a domain renewal fee from a euro account bounced ?

I dont think freebsd.org ever compiled a full database of all
hardware components for towers, servers, etc, just lots of advice
to see Rel Notes etc.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/search.cgi?max=25&source=www&words=hardware+compatibility&submit=Search

For laptops etc theres these indexes:
  http://laptop.bsdgroup.de/freebsd/ 1474 laptops @ 2013.07.18
  http://tuxmobil.org/mobile_bsd.html
  http://wiki.netbsd.org/laptops
  http://www.reedmedia.net/misc/netbsd/laptops-and-netbsd.html

(If anyone knows of other indexes, I'll add to my
 	http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/freebsd/#laptop	)

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Reply below not above, like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".