JMS539 SuperSpeed -> SATA II bridge, Q77 chipset XHCI on 9-Stable

Daniel Mayfield dan at 3geeks.org
Wed May 23 22:24:57 UTC 2012

I have a new Q77 chipset Core i5 machine with a J-Micron JMS539 based 4 disk JBOD (Sans Digital TRU+4B) attached to the USB3 ports on the machine.  The device only shows up as HiSpeed (USB2.0) rather than SuperSpeed (USB3.0).  I've updated the firmware on the JBOD and there is no more current firmware on the Q77 board (ASRock Q77M vPro).  If I disable the USB2 controllers, I can't even get FreeBSD to see the JBOD attaching.  Any ideas?

Daniel