Support for Fusion IO drives?

Nikolay Denev ndenev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 05:49:41 UTC 2012

Fron the zpool man page:

     By default, the intent log is allocated from blocks within the main pool.
     However, it might be possible to get better performance using separate
     intent log devices such as NVRAM or a dedicated disk.

I was also contemplating the idea of a fast SSD on PCIe as a ZIL and L2ARC.
And given the fact that the SSD will not suffer from the different types and locations of IO requests,
maybe it makes sense to go with a big SSD, and partition it for a small ZIL partition,
and the rest for L2ARC. Anyone tried that?

Regards,
Nikolay