SiI 3132 goes crazy and marks both disks as "Reserved" after each reboot

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 18 10:43:25 UTC 2011

Hello, Perryh.
You wrote 18 июля 2011 г., 16:09:24:

>>  How to reset this state? And where SiI controller store
>> information (additional to last sector)?
> Dunno what-all else may be needed, but one way to preserve the SiI
> metadata would be, instead of gstriping the disks themselves, make
> a slice (MBR) or partition (GPT) on each disk -- a little smaller
> than the whole disk -- and gstripe those slices or partitions.
  My task is directly the opposite: I want make SiI 3132 to FORGET about
all RAID-related stuff and to don't touch HDDs in any way and behave
as simple SATA HBA.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>