Support for Openchrome on VIA EPIA motherboards

Sylvestre Gallon ccna.syl at gmail.com
Sun May 24 06:44:22 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 8:33 PM, Olivier Gautherot
<olivier at gautherot.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a VIA EPIA M10000 at home which worked fine until release 7.2 of
> FreeBSD. Unfortunately, the upgrade left me without X server - neither the
> Openchrome nor the Vesa drivers start properly. I thought of installing the
> Via graphics driver but the port is marked as IGNORE.
>
> Did anyone have luck with a similar board?

Hi,

You can perhaps try :

cd ~/
mkdir code
cd code
svn co http://svn.openchrome.org/svn/trunk/
cd trunk/
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/X11R6
make && make install

My graphic card works only with the svn version of this driver :)

Cheers,

--
Sylvestre Gallon (http://devsyl.blogspot.com)
Fifth Grade Student @ Epitech & Researcher @ LSE