Highpoint RR1520?

Jonas Lund whizzter at gmail.com
Wed May 20 22:28:37 UTC 2009

I have a rr1720 lying around somewhere unused, it's a soft-raid card
and it doesn't work together with a EPIA motherboard and FreeBSD due
to something with the bootloader in combination with that hardware
setup.

I tried for a while then gave up and just went with gmirror as some
people even suggested that it'd probably behave better.

Remember that having a raid is only a small part of the answer. Don't
forget monitoring, backups and testing of those backups. A RAID won't
take you far if a fire happens or any other physical accident.