ipw3945 problems

Andreas Nilsson andrnils at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 14:16:18 PST 2009

Hi,

I've been experiencing some weird behavior with the ipw3945 on my laptop
running FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE. When running on AC the card works as expected,
but when running unplugged the interface keeps going down and up and down. I
get ~10 consecutive pings before it goes down.

The networks I have tested are encrypted with some WPA protocol.

When starting on battery there are also some other strange behavior, there
are some lock-ups in the gui and xorg uses some 14% cpu @1.2GHz doing
nothing, When the mouse has been idle for some seconds it takes a bit of
movement to activate again. After a plug and unplug of the AC everything
seems to work as it is supposed to.

I realize this isn't very much to go on... Any logs that would help?

The laptop in question is a Lenovo Thinkpad t61p.

Best regards
Andreas Nilsson